Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Hump Day

I love the late spring season as the leaves have fully emerged and the temperatures begin to climb, making the trek toward summer.  It's great to have more hours of daylight and the excitement is in the air as the school year comes to a close.

My one complaint about this particular time of year is the birds.  Up and awake, sometimes as early as 3:30am, they joyfully sing their songs as I try pointlessly to ignore their happy twittering and go back to sleep. Today is one of those days.

It's Wednesday, and boy does it feel like a "hump day" at this early hour. I'm realizing that I need to quickly make a decision about my attitude.  Yes, I got up earlier than I wanted to, but I can let my thoughts go to the dark and grumpy recesses of my mind, or I can stand on top of the hump and observe the world around me with thankfulness. 

If you are struggling up, or around a hump of your own today, here's a great verse that we can contemplate together:  "Now may the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the patience of Christ." 2 Thessalonians 3:5

This makes me envision those airline ramp agents, who, with the long, orange glow sticks, direct the airplanes into the correct bay for the passengers to disembark.  My heart needs directing sometimes. And really, is there a better feeling than when you are parked safely where you belong?

                          Photo credit Kris Klop



Happy Wednesday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment