Friday, December 26, 2014

The Day After Christmas


Twas the day after Christmas and all through the house,

were papers and dishes--I tried not to grouse.

Remnants of parties and presents and friends,

caused my rigid sense of order, so slightly to bend.

My prayer sent to heaven with thanks for my blessings,

asking strength for the day and a freedom from stressing.

Soon the mess will be cleaned and the home set aright,

but until then, it need not give me a fright.

For disorder, you see, is a sign my house lives,

and hospitality is one of the gifts we can give.

So, in the days that fly by between now and New Year,

I wish you and your family an abundance of cheer.

Reflect on the joy you’re equipped to provide,

and make your heart light as you open doors wide.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment