Thursday, October 13, 2011

Twenty Minute Letter

It's been several weeks since I've had the time to sit and write.  My part-time job has swelled to full time this last few weeks.  So, as I put the timer on for the girls to do their 20 minutes of reading, I have just that long to type out a few thoughts.
And, as luck would have it, I've drawn a blank.  I could share about the changes at work, the ongoing cycle of confusion with trying to get my eldest daughter tested for a learning disability, or other challenges we've been facing.  But, at the end of the day, it's just parts of life that others may or may not want to hear about.
So, now with 9 minutes to go, I will bang out a letter of gratitude for your willingness to indulge me by reading these simple words.

Dear Reader,

Thanks for caring enough to hear me out.  It brings a smile to my face to think that someone may find encouragement in my stories. 

I will be the first to admit that I am simple.  My thought are usually not profound, but I hope that they (in some small way) reflect the awesome God that I serve. 

It's easy for me to get overwhelmed and frustrated, and I sometimes need to be reminded about the privileges and blessings that surround me.

When my life has come to an end, I hope that my legacy will be one of love, trust and friendship.  I pray that those who have been touched by my life will carry these traits to their own circle of influence.

So until we meet again--whether on-line, by phone, over the radio, or in person, may the Lord bless you and keep you and cause His face to shine upon you and give you peace.

In Him,
Birga

No comments:

Post a Comment