Monday, April 8, 2013

Project in the works

Happy Monday!
My blogging downfall is lack of consistency.  I have things on my heart that burst out regularly, but putting those experiences down on "paper" is a whole other issue.
It is with excitement, nervousness and joy that I wish to share the news that I have a new project in the works.  Much like a pregnancy, this will likely take many months to grow and mature.  When it will be birthed is yet to be seen. 
I've always wanted to write a book, but never felt that I had a story of my own that others would want to read.  After prayer and contemplation, I think my job is not to tell my story, but that of others. 
Without spilling all the beans, I'll let you know that this project combines three of my passions: faith, story telling and cooking. 
I am beginning the process of collecting names and email addresses of missionaries who are serving abroad.  If you know someone who is an active missionary that might be willing to share their story with me (by email or Skype), I'd be thankful for the referral.  I hope to highlight the work that they are doing.  If there are safety concerns, I would of course be cautious and would never write/publish anything to compromise them.
Thanks for your help and prayers.  I look forward to a regular blogging presence as evidence of a project in process!
Blessings,
Birga

No comments:

Post a Comment