Friday, October 17, 2014

The Beauty Before the Fall


I love the fall season.  There is something about nature's vibrant colors that stirs my heart.  Every year, I feel compelled to get up into the mountains and witness this transformation that takes place.  There is a short window of time before the yellows, oranges and reds fade into brown and eventually dissipate all together.  I suppose it's the season's way of "going out in a blaze of glory". 

 
 
I long to be as spectacular--to be the kind of person who bursts forth with all the color and exuberance that this season brings.  At the end of it all, I may be striped bare by the wind, but I know that after the winter, newness of life will come again. 
 
We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. Romans 6:4

No comments:

Post a Comment