Sunday, November 23, 2014

Watching God Work

Yesterday morning, I sat among 20 colleagues, friends and ministry leaders at a special breakfast.  This was on the heals of the Son Broadcasting banquet, which had been just the night before.  Directly across from me was Congressman Steve Pearce.  The fact that this man has become a friend, is a God story all its own.  To my right, sat a woman who has become so dear to my heart, Carlene Prince.  Both of these remarkable people had been guest speakers at the banquet.

The Congressman began to tell a story: "When I was in Jordan, talking with the King. . . "  I just had to laugh.  What a strange and beautiful way God has connected people from around the world.  I don't have time to share all the details of the story, but at the end, he grinned and told Carlene that she should perform for the Jordanian King when he visits Hobbs, NM.  Somehow, I don't doubt that this will happen one day.

At the banquet, it had been my role to introduce Carlene to the audience.  I was able to take a moment to share a mini version of how so many prayers had been answered through both Carlene and Congressman Pearce. 

My prayers for provision for a broadcasting conference had been met indirectly through the actions of these two.  I had prayed a big, bold prayer that God would provide the means for me to travel to Nashville for the NRB (National Religious Broadcasters) conference.  He did it, and in wild and extravagant ways. 

I had been praying for a friend.  Someone with whom I could really connect.  Someone who could understand me and love and understand my weirdness.  He did it, and through NRB, brought me a sister in Christ, and a dear friend, Carlene.

I had prayed that the platform God had given me, through radio and speaking, would be used to bless and encourage others.  After the banquet, I got several comments that others had been affirmed through my remarks.  He did it.

This morning, I will be driving Carlene down to Belen, NM to speak and sing at a church.  After the banquet, a pastor had sought her out, and asked if she would be willing to come minister at his church before she had to leave town.  Feeling God at work, she agreed, and soon we will travel to see Him do something amazing once again.

Carlene has an incredible voice, and is in the process of recording her first CD.  She has a big, bold faith that God is going to provide.  I'm excited to watch with her, as He uses His people to provide for all her needs.  If you would like to be part of her answered prayer, you can contribute to her project here: http://www.gofundme.com/carleneprince

I pray that you are encouraged, knowing God is at work, and is in the business of answering prayers.  I have to cut this short, as we get ready to hit the road, with eager expectation of what God is going to do through this brand new day.


No comments:

Post a Comment