Monday, March 2, 2015

Saying Goodbye

Today I shared some big news.  After more than 7 years with Son Broadcasting and AM730 KDAZ, it is time for me to say goodbye.  Having spent much time in prayer and consultation with friends and family, I have accepted a position working with another ministry in the Albuquerque area.  It will be hard to part with my working family as I feel that I have grown up at KDAZ, in many different ways.

I am exceedingly thankful that Jim Sandell took a chance on me when he hired me to co-host The AM730 Morning Show all those years ago.  I have loved the tremendous opportunity I've been given to work in radio.


 
 
I have learned so much, and have been given the opportunity to meet some remarkable people along the way.  From national radio host Janet Parshall, to Congressman Steve Pearce, there have been many individuals of influence and authority who have been gracious, patient and kind to me. 



The Son Broadcasting staff have treated me like family and I will miss them greatly!



 
 It has been a fun journey and this goodbye is not the end.


 
 
In closing, I have to thank two specific people, who have impacted me in a very special way:
 
Annette Garcia, President of Son Broadcasting, has been a constant in my broadcast career.  From the time I was hired, she has showered me with her love and support.  On many occasions we have laughed and cried together, prayed and stood in faith together.  But above all, we have loved the Lord and trusted Him with our choices.  She is Godly woman, and has taught me much.
 
And finally, Dan Rosecrans--oh where to begin?  When he came on board as Program Director, I thought he was a little crazy and didn't know how we would ever work together.  Yet, it didn't take long before he taught me how to loosen up and have fun along the way.  His love of life and laughter is infectious and there is no doubt that he chose to propel me forward, even if it meant that he would stay behind.  I will greatly miss my radio buddy, and to him, I give my heart felt thanks.
 
The beauty of the work that we do, is that in working for the King of Kings, we are all in the same business, we just have different roles. There is no doubt that our paths will cross again.  So this goodbye is really just an "until next time". 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment