Monday, May 23, 2011

Paying by the ounce

My girls have been asking for weeks to go to a specialty yogurt shop.  I told them that we could do it to celebrate the end of the school year.  With only 2 half days of school left, we decided to partake in a frozen treat this afternoon.
The sign on the wall read: Only $.39 per ounce.  Not bad I thought.  After the four of us had gotten a modest serving each, we put our treats on the scale.  $14.40 later, we sat out on the patio while we marveled at what had just happened.  My husband reported that we could have each purchased a half gallon of ice cream per person, while I calculated the exchange rate of 14 hot fudge sundays at McDonalds.
While I know gold's value is much higher, I am now tempted to complement someone by saying: "You are worth your weight in frozen yogurt!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment