Friday, August 12, 2011

Looking for Validation

I struggle with the need to feel validated by others. While, there is a time and place to receive healthy appreciation from bosses, co-workers, spouses, kids and friends--there is a deeper issue of realizing my worth that needs to be addressed.  The scriptural answer to this problem is always in the back of my mind.  However, it's not easy to "feel" the truth . As a reminder (for myself and others) I thought I'd look up a few verses that speak to who I am in Christ.

I am not under the law, but under grace. (Rom. 6:14)
I am an heir to God's promises. (Gal. 3:29)
I am complete in Him. (Col. 2:10)
I am blessed. (Numerous scriptures)

This list could be considerably longer, but "I am" also running late. 

Lord, help the truths you have spoken over me resonate in my emotions as well.  Let me feel your presence so deeply that I stop questioning who I am, but keep my eyes fixated on who You are.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment